Ata-houston Derneği'nin 22. Türk Festivali , 27.09.2012
ATA-Houston Derneği'nin 13-14 Ekim 2012 tarihlerinde Houston'da Jones Plaza'da gerçekleştireceği 22. Türk Festivali hakkındaki duyuru aşağıda sunulmuştur.
T.C. HOUSTON BAŞKONSOLOSLUĞU
" 22nd Annual Turkish Festival
American Turkish Association of Houston (www.atahouston.org)
October 13-14, 2012
601 Louisiana St.
Houston, TX 77002
This year, ATA Houston is proudly celebrating the 22nd anniversary of our annual festival, a staple event in Downtown Houston every fall. We will bring numerous musicians, artists and craftsmen, showcasing traditional Turkish arts & crafts such as the unique art of “paper marbling” or Ebru , porcelain decoration and calligraphy. We will bring TUANA Art Club, an award winning performance group with a very rich collage of Turkish folk dances, whirling dervishes and Ottoman military band shows. We are working to make the 22nd festival even bigger, better and more colorful. Special attractions include:
· TUANA the award winning folk dance group from turkey will perform folk dances, henna night, whirling dervishes and more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkZDn_jaqk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0A9nYktSnk
· Pottery workshops by Bahri Bulut
· Presentations by experts on topics such as Travelling in Turkey, Greek and Roman sites in Turkey, Ottoman Empire and Palace Life, Biblical Sites, Turkey in photographs and more.
· There will also be local Turkish musicians, performing folk and pop favorites from Turkey.
· The evening of Saturday, October 13 we will have an outdoors Turkish Disco/Special show with a local DJ playing Turkish and international dance favorites.
· Plenty of great Turkish food and pastry’s to try out. "